The Current MY Yogasana Class Timetable:
Click on the timetable to expand it.
This timetable can be saved to your computer or phone. Right click on the timetable and choose “Save Image As”. As we bring on teachers and student numbers grow, the timetable will change – please check back frequently to find out what’s new at Melton Yoga.
Special events will be advertised in studio, on Facebook and Instagram and on this website.
Please do search for us on Facebook using @meltonyogastudio, @meltonmeditationcentre, and @meltonpilatesreformer and like our pages – we would love it if you did!
- For the comfort of all participants please do not come to class smelling of strong perfume/aftershave/deodorant and/or cigarette smoke. If you smoke do not smoke in the clothes you wear to class.
- BOOKINGS ARE ESSENTIAL FOR ALL CLASSSES.
- Experienced Yoga Practitioners who wish to attend Power Flow and are new to Melton Yoga please call Caroline on 0403 822 446 to prior to coming to class.
- Students who are new to Yoga who wish to attend Power Flow classes must complete a minimum of 3-months of Yoga Pose by Pose and 3-months of Slow Flow classes.
- Existing MY Students are welcome to attend Beginner level Yoga classes too!
- Yin Yoga and Gentle Slow Flow classes are open to all levels of experience – so if you are new to yoga you are welcome to attend these classes!
- All new students must fill out a registration form. You can fill one out at the studio or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org and request a form.
- If you are under 18 you must have parental consent to attend Yoga.
- Please come to your first class 15-minutes early to enable the teacher to go through your form and discuss any concerns or special requirements with you.
- If you have any questions or special needs that we can cater for, please call Caroline at Melton Yoga on 0403 822 446.
If you would like to make an appointment to come in and look around Melton Yoga and meet the teacher before deciding to attend a class please call the studio and we will do our best to accommodate you.
Not sure what to expect? Visit the MY FAQ page for general studio information and etiquette.
MY Yogasana Class Descriptions:
Melton Yoga offers a full range of adult yoga classes. Come and discover the many and varied physical, mental, and emotional benefits of Yoga!
MY Yogasana Class Descriptions:
- Yoga Pose by Pose classes are designed for students who have never done yoga before. These classes are a gentle pose by pose exploration of Yoga asana (postures or poses). Completion of a minimum of 10-Yoga Pose by Pose classes is a pre-requisite for entry into Learn to Power Flow. Bookings are essential.
- Learn to Power Flow classes are designed for students who have completed at least 3-months of Yoga Pose by Pose classes (10-12 classes). These classes will begin to condition your cardiovascular fitness as you explore how to link poses with your breath. They are aimed to build internal heat gently, through controlled, mindful flowing, linking breath to movement. Learn to Power Flow classes are suitable for beginners, however, it is recommended that you have some previous asana experience. Bookings are essential.
- Power Flow is a dynamic, flowing, breath-centered practice, modelled on the Ashtanga method. Power Flow is a general term used in the West to describe a vigorous, fitness-based approach to Yoga asana. Unlike Ashtanga however, Power Flow does not follow a set series of poses, allowing classes to be adapted to the western student starting Yoga asana later in life. With its emphasis on muscular strength and dynamic flexibility, Power Flow increases cardiovascular activity and fat burning, while increasing bone density, agility and mental resilience. Classes begin with a hip mobility and lower back release sequence, move into a stronger, dynamic, flowing sequence and finish with a slower, deeper, hip release and seated meditation.
- Gentle Slow Flow: IDEAL for BEGINNERS. In these classes you will flow from pose to pose, gently with your breath and awareness. In the moment, meeting your body where it is today. You will learn meditation, breathing techniques and asana which explore ways to build one pointed focus, and explore ways in which you can move gently through space. Find your breath, find calm, find stillness, find strength. It’s already in you.
- Yin Yoga: IDEAL for BEGINNERS. Yin Yoga is quiet yoga, a meditative practice that teaches us to relax and accept ourselves just as we are. In contrast to Yang styles of yoga (so Power Vinyasa), which focus primarily on movement, Yin’s focus is deep mental and physical stillness. Practiced on the floor, Yin yoga is a series of supported postures that are held for between 2 and 5-minutes each. This intense stillness allows muscles to relax, applying a gentle, steady, continuous traction to our connective tissues, the health of which is critical to our physical well-being and range of motion. At the subtle level, Yin Yoga restores balance to both our meridians and chakras. While Yin Yoga is suitable for all experience levels, from those completely new to yoga, to those with an established practice, it might not be suitable for those diagnosed with hypermobility syndrome.
- Traditional Yoga: In this 2-hour class, students will explore the 8-Limbs of Yoga through the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali. This class is designed for those who would like to deepen their Yoga practice in its entirety, rather than just the aspects of Yoga that reasonably fit into a 1-hour class. This class will run on the 4th Saturday of the month 11:30AM-1:30PM. Suitable for beginners. Casual cost $40; regular students $33 or use your class pass (sign for 2-classes). Concession $20. Bookings close 5PM the third Saturday of the month. Booking are ESSENTIAL to book please text Caroline 0403 822 446.